NEED COLLEGE TUITION? WE GOT YOU.
WHAT IS DALLAS COUNTY PROMISE AND WHAT ROLE DOES UNT DALLAS PLAY?
The University of North Texas at Dallas is proud to make a bachelor’s degree attainable for all as a partner with Dallas County Promise, an innovative, life-changing program that aims to send students in Dallas County to college tuition-free! If state and federal financial aid don’t cover the cost of tuition, Dallas County Promise will cover the rest! Dallas County Promise extends to every participating high school student regardless of grades, college hours earned or income level. Checkout the video below for a quick overview of the program.
LET’S DO THIS
The Dallas County Promise and UNT Dallas partnership is critical to reversing cyclical poverty and creating workforce readiness by focusing on providing a pathway to a bachelor’s degree or certifications that create a world-class pipeline of talent suited for today’s high-demand jobs in North Texas.
WE PROVIDE THE CRITICAL KEYS TO SUCCESS
Dallas County Promise and UNT Dallas will stand by you every step of the way, from your senior year of high school through college graduation, and even as you start your career in an exciting job. Success coaches, academic advisors and faculty will continuously support you and keep you on track!
WE WILL CREATE A PATHWAY TO A BRIGHT FUTURE. HERE’S HOW TO GET STARTED:
PLEDGE & APPLY by Feb. 5, 2021:
• Complete your Promise Pledge at DallasCountyPromise.org. Your pledge is only complete when you see a submission confirmation.
• Submit your application to UNT Dallas through ApplyTexas.org.
SUBMIT by March 5, 2021:
• Submit Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) and list UNT Dallas (042421).
COMPLETE by May 15, 2021 (for priority consideration for the Promise funding at UNT Dallas):
• Complete submission of all requested documents and receive your UNT Dallas admission decision.
• Complete submission of any additional requested documents for your FAFSA/TASFA file.
ENROLL by July 30, 2021:
• Register for classes at UNT Dallas for the Fall semester.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
• Funding is limited, so admission to UNT Dallas and receipt of all requested documents to complete your FAFSA/TASFA process is encouraged by the guidelines above.
CONTINUE YOUR PROMISE WITH US!