Be a Leader
Every semester our office welcomes new freshmen and transfer students to UNT Dallas. Our New Student Orientation program is led and facilitated by current students who serve as Orientation Leaders (OLs). These diverse campus leaders assist our office in welcoming new students in an engaging and positive way.
How Do OLs Make a Difference?
A successful Orientation Leaders is someone who...
- Is open to meeting new people and is an effective communicator with peers, new students, faculty/staff, parents and guests
- Facilitates peer discussions on several key topics with new incoming students
- Energetically leads activities for students during each orientation session
- Is informed and empowered to answer questions and serve as a resource for new students and their guests
- Leads informative and engaging campus tours
- Demonstrates flexibility, creativity, perseverence and dedication when faced with challenges
- Displays a high level of maturity, critically thinks, and is able to use independent judgement in making decisions.
- Has a good sense of humor, maintains a high level of energy and enthusiasm even on long work day!
Basically....they are awesome students who are proud to be a UNT Dallas Trailblazer!
Join Our Team
Do you have what it takes? Becoming a member of the New Student Orientation OL team is competitive and selective. We seek to assemble the best team that represents our diverse student population and who can connect with our newest Trailblazers.
If you think you are ready, APPLY HERE