Freshman New Student Orientation (FNSO)
Welcome new Trailblazers! We are excited you have decided to make UNT Dallas your new educational home. You are joining a growing family that continues to challenge students, like yourself, to dream big and change the world. Freshman New Student Orientation (FNSO) is our platform to highlight your opportunities and ensure you have a strong foundation to be successful!
Your full-day experience will include various activities that will ease your transition to UNT Dallas and begin the process of getting you involved with the many on and off campus clubs, groups, and organizations we have to offer. You will experience the importance of our traditions and have a solid grasp of our expectations as you begin your college journey!
Freshman New Student Orientation Dates
NSO sessions for new students starting in Spring 2020.
(Check-in opens 1 hour prior to each event; students must be in attendance and participate in the entire orientation session)
November 21st 4-8pm
December 2nd 1-5pm
January 11th 9am-1pm
We encourage you to register for orientation as soon as possible to secure your spot in the courses for the next upcoming semester. Attendance at NSO is required for ALL new students.
How do I register for NSO?
1. Login at MyUNTDallas with your EUID and password.
2. Click on the "Task” (to do list) button on the top left side.
3. Click “Register for UNTD Orientation”.
4. Select the NSO that fits within your schedule and click “save”.
Congratulations, you are registered for New Student Orientation!
A fee of $140 is required for each new student who registers for orientation. The fee supplements the cost of new student “swag”, program implementation, facilities usages, food, staffing and other resources to ensure you are supported your first year at UNT Dallas. The orientation fee does NOT need to be paid up front or in order to attend orientation. It will be applied to your student account AFTER you have attended your required orientation session and can be paid online by logging into your MyUNTDallas portal.
Items to remember
- Submit your final high school and college (if applicable) transcripts prior to or at your scheduled NSO.
- If 21 years of age or younger on August 26, 2019, you must show evidence of bacterial meningitis vaccination. For more information click here.