Transfer New Student Orientation (TNSO)
We are excited you chose UNT Dallas to continue and complete your Bachelor’s degree. We understand you have many life factors that impact your need for concise and useful information. Your Transfer NSO (TNSO) is a 1-day event that focuses on your needs and respects the importance of your time.
Your 1-day experience will include various activities that ease your transition to UNT Dallas and begin the process of getting you involved with the many on and off campus clubs, groups, and organizations we have to offer. You will experience the importance of our traditions and have a solid grasp of our expectations as you begin your journey at UNT Dallas!
COVID-19 UPDATE FOR SPRING 2021
In response to the COVID-19 public health crisis and to ensure the safety of all participants and staff, New Student Orientation sessions will be offered in an online format. Completing New Student Orientation is still a requirement.
There will be two required components for your new student orientation and transition process.
- Virtual Orientation Session - Even though we have moved orientation online, we still encourage all new students to register for a New Student Orientation session date as you normally would via your myUNTD student portal, see instructions in the section below. On the date and time of the NSO session you select, you will participate in an online orientation experience. You will engage with your fellow new Trailblazers and get introduced to resources by your orientation leaders virtually. We are calling this our Trailblazers Talk Series. All sessions will be held online via Microsoft Teams. More information will be sent out once you have reserved your spot for an orientation session.
- Online Orientation Module - After reserving a spot for a virtual orientation session, you will receive information about completing the mandatory online orientation module. Please allow two to three business days for this information to be sent to your myUNTDallas student email. You can complete this individually and at your own pace. However, you will have until Monday, January 11, 2021, to complete the entire online orientation module. Completing this module is required and your orientation hold will not be removed until you successfully complete it. If you having access trouble or have not received an email within two to three business days following your registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all new students to reserve a spot as soon as possible and secure their advising and registration appointment to avoid any future enrollment barriers. Click the link for information about how to schedule your new student advising appointment. You can also chat with the advising front desk via PureChat here.
Trailblazer Transition Check-Ins
At this time, we do not have any Trailblazer Transition Check-Ins - This is an opportunity to meet with an orientation staff member one-on-one in a 30-minute individual appointment. You will get help and get pointed in the right direction regarding your enrollment-related needs, additional campus resources, and any other issue pertinent to your student success. PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an advising appointment and all academic related questions should be directed to the advising office.
Transfer New Student Orientation Dates
Virtual online NSO sessions for new students starting in Spring 2021.
(Check-in opens 10 mins prior to each event; students must be in attendance and participate in the entire orientation session to get credit and have their hold removed). Registration for these sessions opens on Monday, October 5, 2020.
December 8, 2020 4:00PM-6:30PM
January 9, 2021 10:00AM-12:30PM
We encourage you to register for orientation as soon as possible to secure your spot in the courses for the next upcoming semester. Attendance at these virtual online NSO sessions is required for ALL new students.
How do I register for NSO?
For information about registering for your virtual online New Student Orientation, click here to visit our orientation registration page. If you have any further questions or trouble registering for orientation, please don't hesitate to email us back at email@example.com or call (972) 338-1663. Registration will open for Spring 2021 students on Monday, October 5, 2020.
The $80 fee supplements the cost of new student “swag”, program implementation, online platform and software, staffing and other resources to ensure you are supported your first year at UNT Dallas. The orientation fee does NOT need to be paid up front or in order to attend orientation. It will be applied to your student account AFTER you have attended your required orientation session and can be paid online by logging into your MyUNTDallas portal. NOTE: You may use financial aid and scholarship funding to cover your NSO fee.
Since orientation has gone virtual this Spring, we wanted to provide all of our new trailblazers more about UNT Dallas departments and campus resources. Click here to view our virtual orientation folder that helps expand on what you will have learned from your virtual orientation session and your online orientation modules.
Items to remember
- Submit your final college transcript (if applicable) prior to or at your scheduled NSO.
- If 21 years of age or younger on August 24, 2020, you must show evidence of bacterial meningitis vaccination in order to attend classes at UNT Dallas. For more information click here.
- Visit the Admitted Student page for more information on your Next Steps in addition to New Student Orientation.